Last Updated on June 7, 2019 by haveclotheswilltravel
Don’t worry what you’re seeing in these photos is not smoke! I did not recently take up smoking, haha. That’s just my breath! When we were in Wisconsin for the holidays it was unreasonably cold. The day we took these photos was one of the “warm” days coming in at about 7 degrees Fahrenheit for a high without the windchill. Brrrrr.
So, this might cause you to ask the question…”Lindsey, why on Earth are you just wearing a vest in these frigid temperatures?” To which I would respond, “I made a mistake!” See, when I ordered this vest it was just before I left for the holidays, and things were a little crazy. My online shopping skills were maxed for Christmas shopping, and I wasn’t on my game. I had honestly ordered this vest thinking it was a coat (you know, with sleeves). If you click here, you can see in the photos that it looks like a coat. But if you take two seconds to read the description and the NAME of it, you’ll notice it very clearly says “vest.” Doh! Not one of my finer online shopping moments!
However, this vest is so beautiful! I liked it so much I didn’t want to try to return it. I’ll just save it for some slightly warmer weather, as 7 degrees Farenheit really requires more than a vest, haha.
This vest is really well-constructed, and the quality of the material is fantastic. I also love the details of the buttons with the little rhinestones (see photo, below). However, my mom suggested we should perform some surgery and remove the top two buttons, haha. They aren’t in exactly the most flattering spot. (I might have to agree with her!)
And speaking of online purchases, I wanted to quickly mention that I’ve added a new tab to my website! If you look at my “Outfits” tab you’ll see one that says “My Recent Purchases.” This tab will be where I put all of my Amazon purchases that I’ve made over the past few years. This will range from ordering dresses and petticoats to camera gear and homeware. I’ve also included the commentary on the things I’ve ordered, you just have hover over the little comment bubble in the upper right hand corner of the product. I’m still adding to the list (as I may or may not have bought a lot of things off Amazon over the years. And yes, we totally have Prime, haha.). You can click here to see the products I’ve added so far, if you’re interested.
And now I’m curious, have you ever made a mistake shopping online like I did? Let me know in the comments!
Where to find it:
Links à la Mode, February 22nd, 2018
- A Girl in LA: Skin Deep: The 3 Types of Facial Serums You Need in Your Life
- Adorned in Armor: The Other Side of Faith || Make a Move
- Aesthetic Distance: Six Reasons To Check Out The New Bowlero In Timonium
- April Was Here: Did You Know How Hair Gets Damaged?
- Chicago Petite Blog: 4 Monochromatic Looks Guaranteed to Make You Look Taller
- Eboni Curls: #WAKANDAFOREVER
- Fashion to Live: Belated Valentine’s Day Look: Date Night
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Airy Floral Prints – A Spring Trend
- Girl in Betsey: The Outerwear That Will Make Any Outfit Look Good
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Accidentally Sleeveless
- L’ambassadrice: From Romanticized Depression to Unrealistic Expectations: How Social Media Has Been Ruining Mental Health
- Luna Vida: Spring Has (Almost) Sprung | Jean Jacket + Lace-Up Dress + Riding Boots
- Online Personal Stylist: What to Pack for a Winter City Break
- Petite Dressing: Styling Tips for Petite Jumpsuit
- Sifa’s Corner: How I Style My Wavy-Curly Hair
- Tales of Two Blog: Loving Fashion Doesn’t Make You Dumb
- The Hare and Style Blog: How To Integrate Pantone;s Color of the Year into Your Outfits
- The Glamour Pursuit: Pink Velvet
*Disclosure: some of these links are affiliate links. Meaning, if you click a link and make a purchase, Have Clothes, Will Travel gets a very small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! I am also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
*c/o = courtesy of, meaning the company gave me the product to be used on my blog, and I did not pay for it. All opinions are my own, and I am not being compensated for a positive review.