Last Updated on January 16, 2020 by haveclotheswilltravel
It took me long enough, but I’m finally embracing the sneakers and dress trend. I’ve been hesitant to try it for some reason. I think it’s just because I didn’t have quite the right pair of sneakers to pair with my dresses. But behold! I have bought a pair that will work with (almost) all of them.
A trusty pair of Keds was the perfect pair of sneakers for me. They work so well with my dresses. I also love that I don’t have to wear socks with them, and they’re still comfortable! They also have comfortable insoles in them, which I love. I personally found them to be true to size as well. (Some reviews said they ran small and others said they ran large, but my normal size 8 fits perfectly.)
I had featured my Adidas sneakers with a skirt a while back. And don’t get me wrong, I liked that look too. However, I can’t stand wearing my Adidas sneakers without socks. So, ordering a pair of Keds was a nice addition to my closet.
Granted, white sneakers are going to be a bit difficult to keep clean. I’m already getting scuffs on them after just a few days of wear. But, these should wash up just fine in the washing machine if they get too dingy looking.
And truthfully, another motivation to get a pair of sneakers for my dresses is because many of the ladies in Moscow wear white sneakers with their dresses and skirts. And I’ve seen it enough times now that I’m absolutely sold on the look. It’s also quite practical, as we do quite a bit of walking in Moscow…or any city, really. So, having a nice pair of walking shoes is a necessity.
The day I wore this outfit my husband and I were exploring Moscow a bit more…actually we were specifically on a mission to explore the subway terminals of Moscow. They are SO beautiful. I’ll be putting together a post on that soon. But, I’m a bit behind as I still have some more Washington, D.C. posts to publish as well! These last few weeks have been a little crazy, haha.
Do you like pairing your sneakers with dresses? Let me know in the comments!
Where to find it:
Links à la Mode, Aug 30th, 2018
- Adorned in Armor: Singleness, A Silent God & Savoring His Love in Loss
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Pairing a Dress with Sneakers
- I’m a Norbyah: Vintage Wonderings: Long Term Effect of Fast Fashion
- Fashion to Live: Transformation Tuesday: Bralet + Wide Leg Pants + Heels
- Lifestyle of Emily: Dressing Like a Boss Without the Budget of One
- Sifa’s Corner: A Doctor’s Insight on Enzyme Gap, Supplement and Healthy Diet
- Street Style Teller: Best Summer Ever | Lesson of the Season
- Style Fullness: It’s About Time You Embraced This 90’s Trend
- The LiveStyle: Getting Down the Basics with Gant
- The Style Journal: Not Your Average Basics
- What Vru Wore: 3 Ways to Save Money Shopping Online
- Whit Wanders: Red Polka Dot Dress
*Disclosure: some of these links are affiliate links. Meaning, if you click a link and make a purchase, Have Clothes, Will Travel gets a very small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! I am also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
*c/o = courtesy of, meaning the company gave me the product to be used on my blog, and I did not pay for it. All opinions are my own, and I am not being compensated for a positive review.