Last Updated on
Whether you’re jetting off to a tropical location for your honeymoon or just taking a much-needed beachside vacation – I’ve found the perfect one-piece swimsuit! It’s just the right amount of sexy for a honeymoon swimsuit in my opinion (or anyone looking to be a little sassy looking in a one-piece swimsuit)!
I wasn’t on my honeymoon by any means while I wore this swimsuit from Unique Vintage. I had bought it for a recent trip to visit Sandals Resorts in Jamaica. These photos were taken at Sandals Montego Bay. (Click here for my full review of this resort.) However, Sandals is a very romantic resort (perfect for a honeymoon) and this suit also comes in white… so, I couldn’t help but think it would be perfect for a newlywed too.
I had wanted to get a bit outside of my comfort zone with this swimsuit. I normally opt for more modest swimwear, but for this trip to Jamaica, I knew there was no need to be so covered up. Plus, I knew I was not going to be moving around a whole lot, so I could wear something with a different fit/cut than my normal “practical” swimwear.
So… why is this swimsuit so perfect for a honeymoon and/or beach vacation? I’ll explain!
Unique Vintage Black Halter Shirred Derek One Piece Swimsuit Review
- It’s a unique and amazing design for a swimsuit! You won’t have to worry about anyone else wearing the same suit as you + it’s sexy without being scandalous.
- It’s made by Unique Vintage… so, it’s very high-quality.
- The shirred waist is super flattering and comfortable… so, if you’re like me and like to indulge on pizza and beer while vacationing – this swimsuit will still be comfy!
- The bottoms are comfy and also don’t ride up too much. I have some swimsuits where I’m picking a grundy every few moments. But this swimsuit stayed right where it was supposed to.
- The top is adjustable – so, if you want a looser more revealing fit you can have it! Or if you would prefer the gals to be covered, you can just tie the halter portion tighter.
- It comes in sizes XS – 3X!
- While I love the way this suit looks, it’s also not a suit that you can be terribly active in. This is because you WILL have a nip slip unless you tape this suit (and nobody wants to tape a swimsuit). It’s fine for laying on the beach, hanging out at the swim-up bar and light swimming… but if you’re planning on playing beach volleyball or going waterskiing, you’ll want another swimsuit along.
- There is NO support in the top half – the gals are free to do as they please. If I’m just laying on a beach this doesn’t bother me. However, again, if you’re looking to be more active… then this wouldn’t be the suit for you.
- It’s rather expensive. However, Unique Vintage makes some high-quality pieces… so, I do feel this is worth it.
My hat is also from Unique Vintage, and it’s also fantastic for a day at the beach. It’s quite the head-turner + it provides some great sun protection… given its huge size! I’ve had it for a little over 5 years now and it’s held up very well… even after countless trips where it gets stuffed into a suitcase rather carelessly. (You’d think I would be better about how I pack my bag by now… but I’m still a terrible packer!)
What sort of a swimsuit would you wear for a honeymoon or beach vacation? Let me know in the comments!
Where to find it:
Swimsuit: Unique Vintage
Hat: Unique Vintage
Sunglasses: Old (Similar here)
*Disclosure: some of these links are affiliate links. Meaning, if you click a link and make a purchase, Have Clothes, Will Travel gets a very small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! I am also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.