Last Updated on May 6, 2020 by haveclotheswilltravel
Christmas in Moscow, Russia is one of the most magical things I have ever seen in my life. It looks like this city was plucked right from a fairytale! For this post, I’m going to share 20 of my favorite photos of Moscow during Christmastime.
But here’s the thing, while we’re going to be celebrating Christmas on Dec. 25th…Moscow celebrates Orthodox Christmas, which is January 7th. So, Christmas festivities are only getting started here! Once I get back to Moscow after the 25th, I’ll likely be updating this post with more photos of Christmas throughout the city.
The majority of these photos are from central Moscow (but again, I’ll update as I take more during the New Year and up until the Orthodox Christmas celebrations). Enjoy! And a very Merry Christmas to all! (Side note for regular readers: There will be no post on Monday, Dec. 24th. I’m on a plane right now heading back to the US to spend the holiday with my family. So, I’ll be taking Christmas Eve off. Merry Christmas!)
- Click here to see more photos of Moscow in winter.
- Read next: 30+ Best Things to Do in Moscow by a Moscow Resident
- Read next: 20 of the Best Moscow Restaurants by a Local
- Read next: 7 Crazy and Unusual Things to Do in Moscow, Russia
- Read next: Russian Banya Experience – A Must-Do on Your Trip to Russia
- Read next: 17 Incredible Things to Do in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Click here to see all of my blog posts from Russia.