Ok, let me start off by saying I’m not here to start a war or tell you not to shop at ModCloth. However, after the news broke that ModCloth was bought out by Jet.com and Walmart, I’ve been getting this question pretty frequently, “What other online stores are out there like ModCloth?”
So, I figured putting together a list of some websites that are similar to ModCloth might be useful! Though I still like ModCloth, I’ve personally started looking at other sites myself ever since ModCloth “upgraded” their website. If ModCloth gets their website fixed and keeps up their awesome vision and a wide-variety of cute clothing, I will continue to shop there. I’m willing to see what happens before I abandon ModCloth, as this is a company that in all honesty had gotten me started in blogging.
But, in the meantime, while we wait, these are some of the sites I’ve found that have helped me to fill that void. (This list is not in any particular order either, FYI.) I know there are loads more out there, so feel free to let me know some of your favorites in the comments! Enjoy!
*Disclosure: some of these links are affiliate links. Meaning, if you click a link and make a purchase, Have Clothes, Will Travel gets a very small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible!
15 Online Stores with Similar Products to ModCloth
1.) Unique Vintage
Unique Vintage carries a great range of retro-inspired designers with everything from swimsuits to wiggle dresses and wedding attire and shoes. I also love all their quirky prints! (This post features my favorite dress by them!)
Click here to check out Unique Vintage.
2.) Nasty Gal
Nasty Gal is certainly a bit edgier than ModCloth’s usual stock. However, they carry some beautiful, classic looking clothing…and some rather sexy options as well. Nasty Gal has a very similar start-up story to ModCloth as well – which I always enjoyed. “Nasty Gal started in a tiny San Francisco apartment stacked with killer vintage, a single laptop and an eBay account… “
Mango is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, thanks to their classic, effortless ensembles. They are similar to ModCloth’s price point and actually carry stylish clothing for the whole family!
4.) Chi Chi London
This is a brand I was introduced to via ModCloth. They carry several of their dresses on their website. I don’t personally own any Chi Chi London dresses, but I have seen them in person and they are a DREAM. So gorgeous! (And perfect for a wedding or the holidays!)
Click here to shop Chi Chi London.
I love window shopping on Anthropologie. They have such beautiful, boho-chic clothing. But, they are pricier than ModCloth. However, when a special occasion arises, I head to Anthropologie to check out their dress selection! (They also have cute, retro swimwear!)
6.) Hearts and Found
Hearts and Found is a fabulous little shop known for their beautiful vintage inspired clothing – and all of their items can be made to your exact measurements! Even better, they have a mission to support local businesses and tailors and source all of their fabrics from local Vietnam markets. (They’re currently supporting an independent tailor in Vietnam named Co Thanh (Auntie Thanh). She has a small tailoring shop in an area called District 5 and currently employs 3 people.) How awesome is that?
Click here to shop Hearts and Found.
7.) Lindy Bop
I personally have not shopped at Lindy Bop yet, but it has come highly recommended to me by fellow bloggers with similar style to me. And I know it’s a favorite in the vintage-reproduction community. Lindy Bop dresses are very affordable in comparison to other sites as well.
Click here to check out Lindy Bop’s website.
I know this one may seem a little crazy. But lately, I have been having awesome luck finding vintage-inspired clothing and shoes on Amazon. I even ordered some decent petticoats from them!
9.) Ted Baker
Ted Baker has very recently been filling the hole in my heart that ModCloth had left. So, I’m adding ’em to the list! Ted Baker has the CUTEST, most feminine, classic attire ever (This is my favorite dress from there.) I LOVE Ted’s shoes as well! They are pricier than ModCloth, though, but they run some phenomenal sales that bring their prices closer to ModCloth’s. (Sales are how I’ve bought all of my Ted Baker clothes so far.)
For my EU friends who want to shop on ModCloth but can’t right now (due to GDPR) – you’re in luck! ModCloth is actually carried on Nordstrom as well. You’ll actually be able to see their merchandise and get it shipped to you!
ASOS has some fantastic skirts and dresses. And even though they are a British-based company, their international shipping rates are very reasonable.
12.) Joanie Clothing
This site is another UK-based one, but their international shipping rates are affordable as are their prices! Most of Joanie Clothing dresses are $50 USD or less.
Click here to check out Joanie Clothing.
13.) & Other Stories
& Other Stories carries BEAUTIFUL and timeless clothing with a hint of boho flair. Their price point is a wee bit higher than ModCloth’s (but not as high as Anthropologie or Free People).
H&M is my other go-to store for dresses. If I’m not finding what I’m looking for on ModCloth, I head on over to H&M. I love their selection of dresses and inexpensive accessories. (Most of the dresses I order from them are around the $34 mark!) They also have fabulous international shipping options.
Madewell is most known for their great jeans. However, they also make some fabulous dresses, skirts and tops! They are a little bit more casual than the average ModCloth outfit…but I still think they deserved to be mentioned. (My ModCloth loving heart is swooning over quite a few pieces on Madewell right now!)
Click here to shop Madewell.
*Bonus Accessories: Irregular Choice
Love out-of-this-world quirky shoes? Look no further! Irregular Choice has you covered. (This is another U.K. brand also carried by ModCloth.)
Click here to check out Irregular Choice.
**NEW ADDS: Collectif
I have had numerous requests to add Collectif to this list – and after spending many moons browsing their stock, I have to agree! The vintage style and quirky prints are the perfect addition to this list. And my next midi skirt is totally getting ordered from here!
Click here to check out Collectif.
**NEW ADDS: Adrianna Papell
Adrianna Papell is getting added to this list because ModCloth actually carries quite a few of their occasion dresses on their website. They are on the pricier end of the spectrum, though (but so gorgeous!). Adrianna Papell is also a designer who is carried on Anthropologie.
Click here to shop Adrianna Papell.
**NEW ADDS: Karina Dresses
Karina Dresses is a small US-based dress company that specializes in making dresses that are comfortable and can easily go from day to night. They are also very size-inclusive and their dresses range in size from XS-4X. Their dresses are also wrinkle-resistance! (My favorite travel dress comes from here…I love this travel dress by them that has pockets too!)
Click here to shop Karina Dresses.
Ok, so the stores listed below are not exactly “similar” to ModCloth. However, you can find some similar products from time to time.
- DressLily (Inexpensive, vintage style clothing.)
- Berrylook (Also cheaper dresses than ModCloth with a boho/vintage flair)
- Torrid (Super cute accessories & plus size fashion.)
- Quay Sunglasses (Stylish, vintage-style sunglasses. I own several I actually bought via ModCloth.)
- Betsey Johnson (The queen of adorable quirky accessories & shoes – also has some beautiful dresses now too!)
- Steve Madden (ModCloth actually carries some of their outerwear.)
- Chinese Laundry (Likewise, ModCloth carries quite a few of their shoes!)
- Revolve (Lovely, boho dresses & rompers!)
- Nordstrom (They have gorgeous dresses & skirts! They also have a great return policy.)
- Closet London (Fantastic floral dresses that ModCloth also carries. I own a few Closet London dresses & they are beautiful!)
- Nordstrom Rack (A budget-friendly version of Nordstrom.)
- New York & Company (Super cute clothing, with some great professional clothing options too.)
- BoxLunch (All kinds of cute pop culture clothing items – from Harry Potter to Disney!)
- Hot Topic (Also, pop culture & music clothing items – love their Sponge Bob stuff!)
- Saks Fifth Ave Off 5th (GORGEOUS designer dresses that are affordable.)
- Boden (Super cute clothes for you and the whole family!)
- French Connection Australia (This site is for my Aussie friends! All kinds of cute, seasonally appropriate clothing for the Southern hemisphere.)
- Francesca’s (Cute, boho clothing – especially dresses.)
- StyleWe (Really cute & unique dresses & skirts. I own several dresses & skirts from them & they’re amazing!)
- Shein (Fast fashion with super affordable price tags. Love their dresses & skirts. But PAY ATTENTION to sizing. I put together an entire post with tips for shopping this site, here.)
- Nicole Miller (SUCH beautiful dresses)
- Target (Target has everything – including adorable clothes + free 2-day shipping on orders over $35!)
- Free People (Chic, boho style clothes)
- Shopbop (Boho, effortless, designer duds)
- PinkBlush (Lovely, boho style clothing with an emphasis on maternity clothing.)
- Topshop (They have the cutest floral dresses right now)
- Urban Outfitters (They’re carrying the cutest rompers!)
- Etsy (Quirky, unique, handmade or vintage items!)
- LookHUMAN (Quirky & funny T-shirts & accessories…such as Game of Thrones & Star Wars themed things!)
- J.Crew (Beautiful dresses & accessories.)
- Forever 21 (Inexpensive clothing with a wide range of styles – including some vintage inspired.)
- Maurices (Cute, affordable clothes in a wide range of sizes.)
- Minnetonka (Super cute and comfy shoes! I love traveling in this pair of their shoes.)
- Timex (Classic and affordable watches in a variety of cute styles! This is my favorite watch that I wear all the time from them.)
I know there are many more sites out there as well. So, if you have any more sites to recommend please let me know in the comments section, below!
I am a participant in the Amazon services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.